Well for starters… I’d like some chicken tikka. Main course later.
Killed yourself a little over that now didn’t you? Now really, for starters I pray to god you have a better sense of humour than me! Ah, the simple pleasures of laughter. I guess I should just lay it out on the table, I’m easy to please. My heart is won over by not one, but many. This isn’t because my expectations of people are low, but because I tend to find the best in most. I look for it. That said, failing me on any of the following accounts doesn’t end well for you. I’m not the kind of girl you’d want to disappoint. So with this disclaimer, here’s a guide to my heart. Trust me, they’re all tried and tested :
1. Be good. To yourself, to me, and to the world, even when it’s unfair, even when it’s bad, be the difference. Be good to your country, be good to those in need, be good to those who don’t need it.
2. I’d love me some Gentlemen/Real Women (real women sure aren’t gentle, they’re women of substance) don’t paint a picture of sophisticated classy men drinking scotch and women drinking wine, laughing softly. No. I speak of the good manners, giving up your seat for someone older, weaker than you, speaking politely, opening doors for others, letting people finish what they’re saying, not cutting in to get your point across. Say please when you ask for something, and my heart will come free with it!
3. Remember that the best things in life are indeed free. Be driven, be ambitious, be savage and competitive but don’t ever lose sight of your priorities. Love. Family. Morals. Patriotism. Keep them safe no matter where you go, I’ll not just love, but respect you for it.
4. Get comfortable, but never complacent. There is nothing more disappointing than losing your heart and losing a bit of yourself with it. I love a person who can trust me, open up and show me who they really are, all 50 shades. But don’t ever take me for granted. Don’t take anything for granted. It is far too fleeting, and far too precious. I may be easy to win over, but you need to win the war, not just the first battle.
5. Live in contractions, and I’m yours. Be childish with your enthusiasm and curiosities, but be a mature man I can count on. Make me reckless and carefree while teaching me to be a better, more responsible person. Give me all things raw, and show me poetry in motion. Care for me and let me fend for myself. Be just enough and be too much. Be practical and be a dreamer.
Find me clarity and leave me baffled all at once.